Latest Version (v0.6.1) Released: January 13, 2020
Available for Windows (Itch.io/GitHub Repository)
Pixelorama is a free and open source sprite editor, ideal for pixel art. In this page you'll be learning about the latest added features, as well as its features in general. Keep in mind that we are currently developing this software, so it misses some features, may have some bugs and needs a better UI.
- Choosing between 6 tools – pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker and rectangle select – and mapping them to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Are you an animator? Then you've come to the right place! Pixelorama has its own animation timeline with Onion Skinning just for you!
- Different colors, brush sizes and brush types for each of the mouse buttons.
- Custom brushes! Load your brushes from files or select them in your project with the selection tool, and they will get stored in `.pxo` files!
- Random custom brushes! Every time you draw, expect to see a different random result!
- Pixelorama has a multiple layer system! You can add, remove, move up and down, clone and merge as many layers as you like! You can also rename them, and change their opacity!
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames. Importing spritesheets is also supported.
- Export your gorgeous art as `PNG` files. Exporting your projects as spritesheets is also possible.
- Save and open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, `.pxo`
- Undo/Redo support!
- Multiple theme support! Choose a theme from Dark, Gray, Godot, Gold and Light!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil, eraser and the lighten/darken tool by pressing `Shift`. If you also press `Control`, you can constrain angles with a step of 15.
- Generate outlines for your images!
- The middle mouse wheel isn’t forgotten, you can use it to pan around the canvas and by scrolling up and down, you can zoom in and out!
- Keyboard shortcuts! We're pretty sure this is a lifesaver for most of you.
- Rulers and guides!
- Creating a new canvas with a size of your choosing.
- Scale, crop, flip, color invert and desaturate your images!
- English, Greek, German, French, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian and Traditional Chinese localization support!
We love free, open source programs! Examples of those are Godot (where Pixelorama was created), Gimp, Inkscape, Krita, Blender etc. We support those by using them instead of their paid counterparts. They can produce stunning and professional results, and all of this for free! In order for free open source programs to keep being created, donations are needed, in order for the creators to be supported. You can support us, the creators of Pixelorama too by donating and you can request any new features or report any potential bugs!