Latest Version (v0.7) Released: May 16, 2020
Available for Windows, Mac & Linux (On Itch.io, GitHub, Flathub, Scoop and Snap Store)
Pixelorama is a free and open source sprite editor, ideal for pixel art. In this page you'll be learning about the latest added features, as well as its features in general. Keep in mind that we are currently developing this software, so it misses some features and may have some bugs.
- Choosing between 7 tools – pencil, eraser, fill bucket, lighten/darken, color picker, rectangle select and zoom– and mapping them to both of your left and right mouse buttons.
- Are you an animator? Pixelorama has its own animation timeline just for you! You can work at an individual cel level, where each cel refers to a unique layer and frame. Supports onion skinning, cel linking, motion drawing and frame grouping with tags.
- Different tool options for each of the mouse buttons.
- Custom brushes! Load your brushes from files or select them in your project with the selection tool, and they will get stored in `.pxo` files!
- Random custom brushes! Every time you draw, expect to see a different random result!
- Create or import custom palettes!
- Pattern filling! Use the bucket tool to fill out an area with a pattern of your choosing.
- Import images and edit them inside Pixelorama. If you import multiple files, they will be added as individual animation frames. Importing spritesheets is also supported.
- Export your gorgeous art as `PNG` or `GIF` files. Exporting your projects as spritesheets is also possible.
- Pixel perfect mode for perfect lines, for the pencil, eraser & lighten/darken tools.
- Save and open your projects as Pixelorama's custom file format, `.pxo`
- Undo/Redo support!
- Autosave support, with data recovery in case of a software crash.
- Multiple theme support! Choose a theme from Dark, Gray, Blue, Caramel and Light!
- Horizontal & vertical mirrored drawing!
- Tile Mode for pattern creation!
- Split screen mode to see your masterpiece twice! And a mini canvas preview area to see it thrice!
- Create straight lines for pencil, eraser and the lighten/darken tool by pressing `Shift`. If you also press `Control`, you can constrain angles with a step of 15.
- Generate outlines for your images!
- Υou can zoom in and out with the mouse scroll wheel or the `+` and `-` keys respectively, and pan by clicking the middle mouse button, by holding `Space` or with the arrow keys!
- Keyboard shortcuts, and the ability to change their bindings.
- Rulers and guides!
- Scale, crop, rotate, flip, color invert, HSV-adjust and desaturate your images!
- Multi-language localization support! See our Crowdin page for more details.
We love free, open source programs! Examples of those are Godot (where Pixelorama was created), Gimp, Inkscape, Krita, Blender etc. We support those by using them instead of their paid counterparts. They can produce stunning and professional results, and all of this for free! In order for free open source programs to keep being created, donations are needed, in order for the creators to be supported. You can support us, the creators of Pixelorama too by donating and you can request any new features or report any potential bugs!